Friday 12 April 2024

Lannisters v Greyjoys: Honed and Ready

 First visit to Justplay this year, had a few months of not much gaming. Greg and I had re-scheduled a few times, so finally got it on. 

I was running one of my two lists for the upcoming Leeds event at end of April, the Conquest of the Riverlands, hence going back to my Lannisters as below.

Casterly Rock Honor Guard with Jaime Lannister - The Kingslayer (C)

Lannister Guardsmen

Lannister Guardsmen

Knights of Casterly Rock with Clegane Butcher

Lannister Crossbowmen NCU's

Cersei Lannister & Pycelle


Greg is trialling Greyjoys ahead of the Northern GT in Darlington on May 11th/12th. (Tickets still available here)

Greg's Greyjoy's

House Harlaw Reapers with Roose Bolton - The Leech Lord (C)
Silenced Men withDagmer Cleftjaw - Captain of the Foamdrinker
Ironborn Bowmen withBaelor Blacktyde - Captain of the Nightflyer
Ironborn Trappers with Sandor Clegane - Fugitive Bodyguard
House Bolton Flayed Men NCU's
Beron Blacktyde & Rodrik Harlaw


Greg ready to go (fifth picture, as he wouldn't stay still)


TERRAIN AND DEPLOYMENT

3 random terrain pieces: Wall, hedge and wall

Greyjoys: Bowmen, Roose's Reapers, Flayed Men, Silenced Men, Trappers

Lannisters: Guardsmen, Knights, Jamie's Honour Guard, Crossbows, Guardsmen


TURN 1

Greg went first and took the letters, weakening the crossbows, whom I moved up by the Horses


My plan was straight forward, the Guardsmen would seize both flank objectives, my Honour Guard would hit the centre with crossbow support and Knights would also support or hit one of Greg's weaker units


We both advanced at a pace


And I claimed the swords to allow the crossbows to drop 3 Silenced Men


Of course, Greg claimed the Bags and healed them up

Board at End of Turn 1

With me activating first in Turn 2, I put my Knights in position to flank the bowmen. They'd be out on a limb but felt the distraction would help out my right.


TURN 2

The Knights of Casterly Rock hammered into the flank of the bowmen


killing 10 on the charge as all their attacks hit home. Baelor Blacktyde appeared to help the unit survive (Greg had forgot to put him on). A failed panic could still wipe them out...


Sadly, they passed the check and then activated, using Raiding call before retreating. I took the bags to deny it to Greg and also draw Subjugation of Power with Cersei, which I played as the Harlaw Reapers activated, and duly failed their panic losing all abilities. Still, they charged my Knights and I still rolled poorly and took 4 wounds.


Rodrik too crown but used We Do Not Sow, allowing the Reapers to attack again and also healing them as I controlled the bags


With all his abilities returned, Roose and Reapers left the Knight on two wounds...


Greg swerved the Silenced Men and Flayed Men around my Honour Guard, as I dropped a rank off of the Trappers with my crossbows. My Guardsmen secured both objectives, while the Trappers took far right. 

My Knights were in trouble and by-passing my Honour Guard gave Greg real options.

Board at End of Turn 2

HOUSE LANNISTER 2 VP's (2 objectives)

HOUSE GREYJOY 1 VP (1 objective)


I lost no Guardsmen on the right from the shooting off the walls, while 3 Trappers died. I lost all 3 Guards on the left that got hit though


TURN 3

Greg surprised me by not finishing off the Knights, but he was worried about the crossbows shooting the Trappers so charged them with the Silenced Men


I took the swords but changed it to shooting off the wall, but disappointingly only dropped two Trappers. Greg took bags and played his second We Do Not Sow


Finishing off the crossbowmen and advancing deep into my rear.


A second NCU shooting off the wall finished the Trappers off, but Greg played What is Dead May Never Die to keep them in the battle


The forces were well mixed on the battlefield


Jamie and his Honour Guard were out of the fight this turn


But his central position allowed me to aid the Knights. I had activated the Knights, who dropped a few Reapers, healing from the Clegane Butchers fuelled by Slaughter and also the failed panic which allowed Fealty to the crown. My Knights were back in the fight...


With the Reapers down to a rank, Greg didn't want to risk a failed panic from shooting so charged the Bowmen in...


And with only 3 hits, I expected better from my armour...


Still, I triggered Lannister Supremacy and a second Fealty to the crown resulted in 4 dead bowmen and 4 wounds restored, so I actually came out better. Greg was ruing not finishing off the Knights first...


With the Flayed Men still to go, I took the risk and sent the Guardsmen charging into Roose and the Reapers. Even if I didn't do much, it would protect the Knights from flank charge


I did kill one and the Greyjoys were as thin as the hairs on Ste's head!!!


Sadly, the Boltons were untouched and crashed into my Guardsmen. Only five hits though thanks toa  weakened token


FFS!!! My armourer is going to get a good hard kick in the nuts!!!


I lost a further two men to failed panic and was simply reeling from that result!!!


I swung Jamie's Honour Guard around as I had first activation Turn 4. Greg had used Horses to get Trappers off the objective 


It certainly had been a bloody affair on the left


Sandor (Varys) Clegane was all that was left of the Trappers and he moved back on to score. My Guardsmen held right and were out of arc of the Silenced Men


The Reapers finished off the two Guardsmen


BOARD AT END OF TURN 3

HOUSE LANNISTER 6 VP's (1 unit, 5 objectives)

HOUSE GREYJOY 4 VP's (2 units, 2 objectives)

I was ahead on VP's but it was precarious. I could charge the Flayed Men but then my Honour Guard were spent.


TURN 4

I took the swords with Cersei 


and the Knights finished off the Bowmen.


Greg had the Silenced Men charge the rear of the honour Guard, cutting them down to seven but losing some of his men to counterstrike. I also used Kingslayer's Reknown to auto pass the panic and heal two. But he had pinned them. I opted to activate the Knights next, cutting the Reapers down to one rank and restoring my unit to full health...


When I struck back with the Honour Guard, they chopped the Silenced Men down to 3 men

 
Greg healed the Reapers from the Bags


With my Guards on the right objective sitting, the Flayed Men charged my Knights in the flank and this was followed up by the Reapers attacking them. With vicious on both units and Roose engaged, the Knights finally succumbed to the onslaught...


The Flayed Men turned to face the Honour Guard, as the Reapers surged onto the far left objective. I also lost two Honour Guard to Roose's Spread Fear panic...


Board at End of TURN 4

HOUSE LANNISTER 9 VP's (2 units, 7 objectives)

HOUSE GREYJOY 6 VP's (3 units, 3 objectives)


TURN 5

Greg took the Swords and had Dagmar's Silenced Men attack the Honour Guard. With maximum attacks, re-rolls, sundering and vicious. Well, all seven hit and I failed all my saves. The only way to save the game was to take the crown and panic the unit off the centre, but alas they passed their test. An anti climatic end to a great battle!!!


BOARD AT END OF TURN 5


End of Turn 5 (and Game)

HOUSE LANNISTER 10 VP's (2 unit, 8 objectives)

HOUSE GREYJOY 10VP's (4 units, 6 objectives)

Okay, so technically at 10-10 we should have played round 6 and it would have finished 13-11 but we were both tired and didn't register it until after the fact. Besides, a draw seemed better suited to the game and how it played out. Greg played really well in by passing the Honour Guard, but should have finished the Knights off earlier when he had the chance. His trappers crumpled to shots from the wall, but in Turn 3 my armour simply crumpled and that I felt was a really pivotal moment in the game. Still, good to get back at it and really looking forward to Leeds in a fortnight.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

FUTURE UK EVENTS

Leodis Games, Bagley Lane, Farsley, Leeds, UK



----------------------------------------------------------------

BATTLE OF THE BASTARDS

Sunday 28th April

Unit 2 Fleetsbridge Business Centre, Upton Road BH17 7AF Poole, United Kingdom


---------------------------------------------------------------------


---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gunman Airsoft - Eversley Alpha, The Welsh Drive, Eversley, Hook, UK


_______________________________



BATTLE OF THE THREE SWORDS

SOLD OUT


Winner to be crowned Warden of Essex (PsychoSte, bring it home to Liverpool laaaa...)
_______________

2025

March 1st/2nd 2025

Pontnewynydd, Pontypool, UK




March 29th/30th 2025



THE 
ASOIF STATS INVITATIONAL


No comments:

Post a Comment