Monday 11 October 2021

Partizan On the Ground 2021 - Conquest DEMO

Sunday 10th October saw a welcome return to Partizan Wargaming Show at Newark, near Nottingham, UK

Chris, Andy and I put on a demonstration and participation game of Conquest: Last Argument of Kings and also Conquest: First Blood.

Chris has been feverishly painting up his Dweghom, Andy's Spire and a few Wa'drhun and Nord models...

I'll let the pictures do most of the talking, but it was a great day out, catching up with old friends and opponents, meeting new people and chatting with fellow enthusiasts. 


Some of Chris's painted models on show...


Last Argument of Kings board


The forces of the Spire



Mine are better seen from 3ft apparently...



A few of the exquisite Para-Bellum resin Nords were also on show


And Para-Bellum generously donated some boxes for a charity raffle which helped raise half of the £160 for a Veterans charity,  Waterloo Uncovered



Meanwhile, as the doors open Andy is on the coffee...


10 minutes later...

 (In fairness, he is seeing me take a picture of Chris already chatting away and is just trying to move out the way)


We started our demonstration game and my 100 K were marching up the battlefield...


Chris is far more genial than Andy and I and as the better painter tends to present his enthusiasm more...


I've vacated my chair as Andy checks his regenerative abilities...


Chris's Wa'drhun Raptor riders and Scions...


The Nord's resin figures attracted a lot of interest, particularly the Ice Jotnar...


Well, he's almost pointing at it...


Plenty of interest...


Especially with it being a raffle prize...


I handed over my well deployed forces to a visitor to finish the job...


What could go wrong I thought...


Well, as it happened I turned my back for two minutes and the Abomination had eaten my Mercenary Crossbows...


And the Force grown Drones decimated my Steel legion...


Still, the Marksmen Clones were trampled underfoot...


But the Steel legion were anything but...


Chris meantime was running a few First Blood games with various forces...


Dweghom seemed popular


Meanwhile, the Abomination was going berserk...


And the dice weren't working for the 100K


Still, I could always heal up to 10 wounds with 2 wounds for each roll of 3+....


Fortunately, the Knights secured enough points for scenario to win 8-2 despite the death of my infantry


We had  lunch and another participant after which kinda went the same way with less pictures



Highlight of the game was the Abomination charge that went through the recently renamed Paper legion...


Hmmm...


The Battlefields Trust guys won the raffle at the end of the day... https://www.battlefieldstrust.com/
























1 comment: